Lentil bean is native to Asia, an important part of its consumers can be found in Latin America where it is used as a main ingredient in delicious recipes. This one uses shrimp for a special touch, giving an aphrodisiac dish as a result.
- 250 g lentils
- 500 g peeled shrimps (approx. 1 Kg shrimp with shells)
- One white onion
- 2 large garlic cloves (or 4 small)
- 4 whole Bay leaves
- Olive oil
- Fresh parsley finely chopped
- 2 liters of strained fish and shrimp shells concentrate broth: In a pressure cooker put the fish head and backbone, a whole garlic, an onion, celery, leek, a carrot, Ají Dulce pepper, Bay leaves, shrimp shells, salt and peppercorns. Bring to boil, when ready let it cool and then strain. Keep frozen for use in the preparation of risottos, paellas, fish or seafood creams or just to lift your spirits.
To prepare the lentils with shrimp:
In a high pot, saute the onion chopped in squares and half of the garlic, previously mashed in a mortar; add the fish-shrimp broth, the lentils and the Bay leaves. Cook until done al dente, in other words, firm to the bite, with loose and whole grains. Careful not to overcook! We are not preparing lentils cream.
In a Teflon skillet with olive oil, saute the rest of the garlic mash. Add the shrimp, season and cook until the shrimp turn pink. Sprinkle them with parsley. Remove from the stove.
Add the shrimp to the hot lentils and serve immediately. No need to boil the lentils. If we overcook the preparation, we risk by heat over-exposure, the wholeness of the shrimp. The lentils have already been cooked in the fish broth, so relax… Serve hot in a beautifully decorated plating, topped with the shrimp and parsley. Bon Appetit!
Did You Know That Lentils…
- Are noble, quick and easy to cook grains. They do not need soaking or cooking in a pressure cooker.
- Are rich in vitamins B (niacin, thiamine, pyridoxine and riboflavin), most suitable for the nervous system. They supply folate also known as folic acid, which helps prevent the onset of depression and bad mood symptoms.
- Are a powerful aphrodisiac due to the high content of zinc. This mineral not only promotes optimal hormonal function, but also sperm production.
- Are a source of healthy fats that protect the heart and a slow absorption carbohydrate. Full of fiber and vitamins; they are a powerhouse nutrition.